I’ve been busy at work, perhaps the reason why it was so silent on this blog.
But I’m back! And one of my first act is to update the Google AS3 Library I’ve build a while ago.
I started the library to support Google’s Ajax search API.
Later on, when I found some new webservices, I added those too. At the end, the entire library was one messy organically grown library.
So I decided a while ago to clean that mess up.
Changes & new features
- I reordened the package structure, meaning I devided the API in ajaxapi (search, translation and, the newly added, feeds), apicore (where you can store your api key), suggest (using the Google Suggest webservice) and weather (using the weather services).
- I changed the name of the event GoogleSearchEvent to GoogleApiEvent, which is more relevant since the library is more than the Ajax search API.
- Dito for the class that unites all features called GoogleSearch, it’s now called GoogleApi
- As already mentioned, I also added the ability to use an api key.
I hope those changes make the library at least a bit more transparent and easier to get.
If you want to update the library your using, the easiest way is using FDT.
- Delete the old library and add the new one instead.
- Right-click your source folder, goto Source and click ‘Organize imports’.
- This will change your imports and correct them accordingly, so they point to the correct classes.
- Correct the eventname, GoogleSearchEvent becomes GoogleApiEvent. You can do that by using a find & replace, same for GoogleSearch to GoogleApi
Gimme, gimme , gimme
The classes are still on Google Code, where a new version of the library has been committed into the SVN.
The old classes have been moved to the branch folder. There is also a new update for GoogleEyes, containing the new libraries.
The project is hosted on Google Code (see).